If you want to keep up with the times, you need to be conscious of all the latest trends in mobile application development. In this rapidly developing world where technology does not stand still even for a second, and consumer demands drastically increase, the changes in mobile application development are constantly taking place. People nowadays spend a lot of time interacting with mobile applications, thus bringing mobile apps development to the forefront of business needs. The futuristic approach is what enables global companies as well as web developers to perfectly explore the latest trends in mobile apps.So what are the latest mobile app development trends in 2022? Check them out in-depth.
For sure, one of the latest expected trends in the mobile app development industry is maintaining the 5G standard. This implies the innovation about the next generation of wireless telecommunications networks within the mobile app development production. By 2025, 5G connections will account for 40 percent of all connections in Europe and 15% among all mobile connections on the planet, as GSMA Intelligence report exposed. Including lightning-fast speeds of up to 319 terabytes per second (Tbps), near-zero latency, high connection density, and wide bandwidth, 5G lays the ground for upcoming ideas furthermore mobile application growth. Thus, 5G selection will increase the speed and efficiency of mobile applications. By developing applications for multiple forms of connected devices, this technology will expand the scope of the Internet of Things (IoT). Moreover, this emergence of 5G significantly expands the possibilities for the integration of AR and VR by processing large amounts of data at much faster paces. In addition, 5G technology will revolutionize video streaming by supporting real-time, high-resolution streaming at higher speeds. 5G could also positively impact the development of 3D and immersive augmented reality mobile applications. Impressively, 5G technology improves GPS performance, updates cloud adaptability, and reduces hardware costs. The outstanding performance of 5G provides smart cities with new and unique opportunities for digital integration, enhanced security, improved emergency response, cutting-edge urban infrastructure management, and personalized healthcare.
2. Internet of Things (IoT) App Integration"Smart thing" or "smart object" technology, also commonly known as IoT, is a burgeoning trend in the app development process and a moment to modernize performance prospects over the next couple of cycles. Facing a recent Market Research Future analysis, the market for IoT software programs will be nearly $6 billion by 2027, up from $3 billion in 2019. Operating as a loose network of interconnected digital endpoints such as consumer devices, networks, servers, and applications, IoT technology collects data in real-time through wireless data transmission using embedded sensors. The most common IoT devices are mobile devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers, and activity trackers. Today you can find "smart" versions of almost any home appliance, from washing machines to refrigerators to closet mirrors, not to mention smart home technology. Thanks to IoT, we've also seen the emergence of "smart cars," which could be the next step toward fully integrated traffic control systems in the future. IoT can reduce and improve energy efficiency by tracking and managing energy flows. IoT applications are also found throughout the lifecycle of construction and ongoing building maintenance. The key goal of these installations is to increase productivity and efficiency while reducing operating costs. In addition, consider the industrial sector, where the Internet of Things, combined with automation and machine learning, helps organizations stay profitable. And, of course, the security segment, which is one of the most common applications for IoT. Police, firefighters, and paramedics can take advantage of improved access to real-time information because IoT technology is built into their police, fire, and ambulance vehicles.
3. Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR)
Virtual reality and augmented reality technologies are emerging mobile app development trends that are set to significantly boost each user experience on Android and iOS in 2021. The global market for virtual reality and augmented reality technologies are assumed to gain from $27 billion in 2018 to $209 billion in 2022, according to Statista. Augmented reality takes advantage of our current environment to place objects in real-time. In contrast, artificial reality creates an entirely new artificial environment. Immersive technology has made it much easier for app developers to add real-world visual layers to phones, especially with the coming of Google's ARCore and Apple's ARKit. In fields ranging healthcare, study, marketing, manufacturing, retail to travel, AR and VR technologies provide more immersive user expertise. VR and AR technology in the mobile app development industry can revolutionize retail and e-commerce. This is an area where businesses can find a way to get ahead of their competitors. It is believed that the next level of consumer interaction and user experience will be driven by augmented reality.
4. Beacon TechnologyBeacons are miniature wireless transmitters that plug in and transmit signals to other nearby smart devices at regular intervals using low-power Bluetooth technology. One of the latest key advances in geolocation and proximity branding technology obtains radar technology, which makes location-based scanning and interaction easier and accurate. Various ways can be used among this technology, it has been used in industries ranging from retail and marketing to agriculture and health care, travel and tourism, hospitality, and agriculture. As Statista, determines, the radar technology capital is growing at an average annual growth rate of 59.8%, moreover, the market value is projected to touch $56.6 billion by 2026. Beacon is increasingly shifting the prospect of transportable user engagement because of its outstanding analytics and targeting capabilities.
5. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are expanding the potential of single global technology shareholders, especially in mobile development. AI-based assistance is now being developed by global technology giants such as Google and Amazon, and by 2027, the AI industry is predicted to reach $266.92 billion. Chatbots, natural language processing, and biometric identification are just some of the AI and machine learning technologies that are pushing the potential for custom developing mobile apps. By 2022, AI and ML should be capable of much further than chatbots and Siri. Many companies have already begun using AI to develop apps to improve profitability and reduce operating costs in a variety of ways.
What's more, as reported by IDC, more than 75 percent of workers who use ERP solutions will now use AI capabilities to enhance their skills.
This means that AI and machine learning are not only deeply embedded in today's business applications, but also have a lot of room for future innovation.
In the future, we may see DevOps automation with artificial intelligence through AIOps, AI-enabled chips, automated machine learning, and furthermore neural network interaction.
6. Apps For Foldable Devices
Some trending mobile app development technologies these days cover the development of apps for foldable devices. Different displays, or even a mix of OLED technology displays, can be used for numerous folding modes on these devices. Unfolding the gadget to increase the screen size improves usability and expands the user interface due to the ability to transform. This suggests the possibility of using the device as a phone and as a mini-tablet at the same time since the display can be easily unfolded if needed. Living examples of such smartphones are the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X. Although today foldable devices are only a small part of the overall market share regarding smartphones. Per the Foldable Smartphone Shipment Forecast survey, foldable smartphones will take almost 5% share from respected mobile smartphone companies by 2023. This is a fairly compelling reason for being technically savvy in portable app construction for folding including deploying these devices. Specific technology is a true challenge for the developer, even though it helps to gain a competitive advantage by mastering it. Among the most demanded features of mobile applications for foldable phones is its capability to maintain continuity and smoothness while switching between screens. Moreover, it must support multiple screens, multi-window functionality, and be compatible with both large and small screens.
7. Biometric Authentication
From unlocking cell phones to banking, finance, and payments, biometric authentication is becoming more common in everyday life, providing an extra layer of security for funds and data.
Mobile biometric verification is a type of multi-factor authentication (MFA) that employs a mobile device for the first component and leverages the device to verify a unique biometric identification as both a second component to validate an individual's identity. Being a relatively new technology today it is the top mobile app development trend, which typically means identification of users by fingerprints or face identification. However, biometric authentication can also include more sophisticated techniques such as hand geometry, voice recognition, or iris scanning. Using biometric data processing technology, customers can fully evaluate the supplementary level of assurance of their data and mobile wallet. From the prospective courses of biometric authentication, there is a potential implementation of the aforementioned technology in the manufacture of mobile banking, online stores, and healthcare. Future use of such technology could include immigration even services.
8. Geolocation Based AppsAn example of the latest mobile app development trends is the usage of GPS in the software. Currently, most of today's applications implement location-based functions, thereby increasing performance and providing consumers with a highly tailored experience. 95 % of worldwide firms utilize location-based services to attract new patrons, per an analysis by the Location Based Marketing Association (LBMA). This technology is totally applicable to any industry. No wonder that the location-based services market is expected to reach $155.13 billion over 2026, according to research by ResearchandMarkets. Major interests of developing geolocation apps for business accrue the pursuing: accurate and fast service, the ability to tender virtual tours, the opportunity to use the location of users for targeted advertising. It is worth noting that geolocation serves as an excellent marketing tool for reaching the intended audience and additional ways to interact with customers. By using this feature, customers can collect information about the nearest places or objects in a certain location in real-time. Moreover, with the permission of the users themselves, the application helps to know the current location of the users, which contributes to strengthening the position of the brand in the media space. Plus, companies may use a map to collect consumer feedback on specific services, allow customers to add their own material like pictures or text messages to specific areas on the map, and read other people's evaluations.
As time went on, chatbots evolved and became more sophisticated and popular because of user demand. Chatbots might potentially be deemed a new benchmark in customer service. Over half of shoppers crave further do-it-yourself bespoke service solutions to help them make an online purchase quicker.
Chatbots have become mobile app trends in 2021 and the quantity of interaction for chatbots with mobile apps will progress beyond primitive into ferocious. As bots are powered by AI, their replies have become increasingly human-like. A chatbot is a great solution for serving and supporting your customers. This is a smart way to minimize the expense of customer service.
A chatbot is a great solution for serving and supporting your customers. They automatically qualify potential customers, which helps reduce transaction costs. Chatbots can also automatically filter potential customers into groups by simply asking questions in a natural, conversational manner. What is more, chatbots help personalize the experience, which makes users feel noticed and special, which builds brand trust and increases the likelihood of a purchase.
10. On-Demand Apps
With the unprecedented emergence of Covid-19 on-demand applications became the new mobile app industry trends. On-demand smartphone applications unite consumers in need of services to service providers and therefore can give immediate answers to challenges. The possibilities of such applications appear to be limitless. The on-demand concept is adopted by a rising number of companies. The on-demand applications market is predicted to produce $335 billion total income by the end of 2025, which itself is 24 significantly greater than even in 2014.
The range of areas where you can implement an on-demand application is quite wide in the contemporary world. It can be a laundry service, doctor on demand, a virtual tutor or trainer and it may also be food delivery, housekeeping maintenance, pet care services, and a beauty salon. Your clients may add additional functionality to their apps by utilizing on-demand possibilities that will improve earnings for everybody.
11. Mobile Wallets & Payments
The fact that digital wallets are easy and foolproof, makes it an extra mobile app industry trend. In brief, a digital wallet is an online portal where people or businesses can transact their finances electronically without a hitch. Using a mobile wallet you can simply and primarily safely store personal information such as debit and credit card data, passport, or driver's license for various payment methods. The payment procedure is made faster and easier by attaching common cash gateways with mobile wallets. E-wallets are quickly approaching their goal of being the most advanced payment method with easy registration and login, reliable payment processing functions for merchants and consumers, and a user-friendly control panel.
The Mobile Wallets Report produced jointly with Juniper Research the use of smartphone-based transactions would increase over 74 % over the course of 2025. Fintech companies can afford mobile wallets by contactless payment aptitudes and in-app shopping of tickets, customer loyalty programs, discounts. For example, there are also wallets based on artificial intelligence, based on NFC, biometric wallets, and wallets for cryptocurrency.
Popular platforms include such geeks as PayPal, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay.
12. Enterprise Mobile Apps
Corporate mobile apps hold the latest mobile app trend among massive and medium-sized businesses. The implementation of such technologies permits firms to raise profitability and productivity to effectively manage business processes and more importantly to digitally convert and become competitive in the global marketplace. As shown by Motus: The Mobile Workforce Report, 84 % of businesses have seen a boost in overall productivity as a consequence of the installation of a mobile app installation. According to Forbes Insights and VMWare, the overwhelming (81 %) of over 2,200 corporate participants stated that mobility had a direct influence on the success of the firm. With certain apps, all complicated operations are reduced while data preservation is maintained.
13. Blockchain Technology
Blockchain technology can confidently be said to be a new trend in mobile applications. With gaining in prominence, this technology has already influenced many areas of life such as healthcare, education, real estate, and finance. Blockchain, based on distributed ledger technology (DLT), provides heightened data protection.
The blockchain system helps achieve transparency and mitigates the risk of any fraudulent transactions or misinformation.
By virtue of its robust and reliable base, blockchain extends the security of mobile applications. Even though the technology itself is quite extensive, the blockchain-based development of mobile applications is relatively easy to implement. All this comes from the open-source nature of the technology and the tools that are available. Today, the technology is utilized to monitor digital assets, give digital identification, offer cloud-based storage space, maintain loyalty as well as reward schemes, deliver inventory control proof of identity, and sometimes even sign documents ownership rights. It's no surprise that the global market for it is predicted to eclipse $20 billion in 2024.
14. Wearable Devices
Wearable device apps are undoubtedly a trend in the mobile app industry. Smartwatches, fitness wristbands, and fitness trackers are becoming more and more widespread, which contributes to the growth of this entire market. Just imagine that you can take measurements and provide real-time analysis of vital health indicators. Such facilities have a tremendous force on the medical and sports fields. Via applying artificial intelligence technology, wearable devices are powerful enough to detect diseases in their earliest stages.