Amazon launched its web services with an S3 storage system and EC2 in distant 2006, giving a start for cloud computing. Since that time, Amazon Web Services has won the leadership amidst other cloud computing platforms with customers located in almost every country around the world. Gartner reports that in 2015, Amazon customers had deployed ten times more infrastructure on AWS compared to the adoption of other 14 providers combined.
Here are 5 interesting facts about AWS that you might not know about:
- AWS Data Centers are located in 190 countries;
- Around 1/3 of websites we daily visit are built upon AWS;
- AWS is used by than 1 million people worldwide, containing around 2K government agencies, 5K schools, and over 17,5K nonprofit organizations;
- AWS offers more than 100 services for storage, security, and managing data;
- More than two dozen global enterprises decided to move to AWS solely, closing their data centers.
If you’re currently thinking about using AWS for your business, we prepared a list of the top 10 AWS companies.