Integration of top-notch technologies, applying new development methods in accordance with customer requirements are key indicators of where ventures should focus their efforts. Every year dictates new trending software development technologies and standing still is not an option. Vice versa, becoming a leader in current trending technologies in software is the only way to have the edge over competitors and meet the needs of your сustomers.
We conducted a software development industry analysis to find out what software trends are dominating in 2022.
Cybersecurity is Becoming a Top Priority
Every year becomes the worst one for cybersecurity specialists. No matter how much developed defenses become, attacking methods are more and more advanced. Talking about the spike in cybercrime in 2020, president-elect Joe Biden has said that cybersecurity is “a top priority at every level of government” from the moment he takes the office. For most businesses, the transition to remote working increased the risk of breaches due to the higher usage of home networks and personal devices. There are few predictions, that we think might impact the cybersecurity world in 2022:
- Cloud breaches. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are transferring to the cloud. Cloud services providers should be ready for new challenges since there is a huge chance to observe a significant increase in cloud breaches because of weak security practices in cloud configurations that may lead to such weaknesses.
- 5G sector. 5G, as the next generation of mobile connectivity and internet, is complex and new. Undoubtedly, it will have a huge impact on areas like smart cities, defense facilities, or intelligent power grids. It is obvious that 5G requires strong attention to security.
- Cyber insurance. As mentioned previously, the increasing amount of cyberattacks will create a strong demand for cyber insurance policies to soften the potential losses. There already are some cases in the US, where certain companies have purchased such insurance and this market is expected to grow through 2022.
- Preventing attacks. It might sound obvious, but the future of security lies in a proactive approach. It is a key to prevent attacks rather than deal with their results.
Artificial Intelligence Continues Rising
Artificial Intelligence umbrellas a host of different technologies that are able to process large amounts of customers’ data to provide them with a better and more enhanced customer experience. According to the 2020 McKinsey State of AI survey, 50% of respondents stated that their organizations have already adopted AI in one function at a minimum. So, what are AI software trends in 2022?
- A rise in computer vision applications to monitor public spaces through data sensors and cameras. With the help of artificial neural networks, the apps will be able even to monitor social distancing in the post-pandemic world.
- Predictive analytics combined with computational power will be widely adopted by companies to find their potential customers. With the help of AI algorithms, businesses can get access to the sales data of thousands of customers and find out their preferences.
- Because of the increase of remote work, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, customer centers will adopt greater amounts of Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and automated speech recognition (ASR).
- Robotics will be widely implemented in finance, KPO, marketing, and manufacturing to automate rule-based business processes.