PyCharm is one of the most-loved developers’ tools, designed by JetBrains. It offers two versions: Community (free open-source, includes Python editor, code inspections, VCS support, graphical debugger, and test runner) and Professional (paid, full-featured IDE with scientific tools, web frameworks, and SQL support.
Another reason for such popularity is that PyCharm leverages Django which gives it support for web development. PyCharm offers a wide range of packages, modules, and tools to enhance Python development at the same time minimizing the effort needed to perform the tasks.
Some of the PyCharm features include:
If you want to try out PyCharm, you can learn more about its features or download it here.
- Smart code editor and navigation, advanced and secure refactoring;
- Provides all the features an IDE should include: from the powerful debugger to GUI-based test runner;
- Availability of integration tools;
- Project and code navigation;
- Data Science and Machine Learning ( in Professional Edition);
- Google App Engine (in Professional Edition);
- Multi-technology development (in Professional Edition);
- Support for popular Python web frameworks (in Professional Edition).