On the other hand, Python is a perfect choice for CPU-intensive solutions such as a machine learning model that has to process large piles of data to solve a specific problem. Since it’s easy to code, it’s frequently used to develop large-sized applications, especially math-intensive projects. Though the Instagram server is more of an I/O than a CPU-intensive situation, it still uses Python. This proves that Python can perform very quickly if you know how to optimize it correctly (with the help of NumPy or Cython, for example).
There is a massive amount of resources available on the Internet in both languages. If you want to take up Python, a good idea is to check Jose Portilla’s The Python 3 BootCamp which has almost one million graduates.
JS vs Python: Web and Mobile Development
Advantages of Python:
- Python is a high-level programming language that is easy to learn, read, and write;
- Being an interpreted language, Python executes the code line by line;
- It has massive library support, including PyPl;
- Python is a very productive and flexible programming language;
- It’s a general-purpose programming language, therefore, is applicable to almost every field and variety of tasks.
Applications of Python:
Python has a wide range of use cases across different industries. Besides the common applications such as building mobile, web, and desktop applications, Python is a good choice for:
- AI and ML projects;
- Data science;
- Database programming;
- Quick prototyping, etc.
- It’s easy to understand and learn;
- It can create rich interfaces with such features as drag and drop, components like sliders, etc.;
- It’s extremely popular and is used everywhere on the web and increasingly used on the backend with the advent of Node.js.
- Web, mobile, and desktop applications;
- Server applications;
- Smartwatch apps;
- Web servers;
- Flying robots, etc.
Which language would you recommend for beginners? Share in the comments below.