Digital leaders in retail are actively investing in artificial intelligence, robotics, VR/AR, and other innovations to keep pace with the rapidly evolving market and growing consumer expectations.
A Gartner survey of nearly 2k CIOs revealed that 76% of respondents think that demand for new digital products and services increased in 2020, while 83% predicted it to increase even more in 2021.
Why do retail behemoths as Amazon, IKEA, Walmart, and dozens of others invest in their digital leadership?
- In-store robots fulfill e-commerce orders faster and more accurately;
- Data analytics allows to understand customer preferences, increasing conversion rates;
- AI and VR ensures better, more engaging, and personalized shopping experiences;
- The implementation of technologies significantly lessens overhead and utility expenses;
- The proper digital experience moves customers from inspiration to purchase.
In this blog, we’ll tell you about digital leaders that have already transformed the traditional concept of retail.